Unkind cuts Here's what to do if your home-equity line is slashed

If your credit line has recently been slashed like many american's, you will find this Marketwatch article interesting.

Excerpt:

By Lew Sichelman

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Question: I had my line of credit cut in half and am having a very difficult time getting it reinstated. My facts are as follows: Appraised value at time the line was issued was $1.2 million, first mortgage of $960,000 (80%). My credit line was originally for $120,000 (10%).

I asked my lender to tell me what they believe the value of my house is or if they ordered an appraisal and they would not share this information. They said I could have the line re-instated if I paid for an appraiser that they select (they would not allow the appraiser that they had approved when the loan was originated). I guess the frustrating part of this is that they won't share the information.

No comments:

Find low Gas Prices at GasBuddy.com

MarketWatch.com - Top Stories